All photography provided by Chris Shane
Welcome to your one-stop source for real estate and insurance services! Our expertise and "home-town" customer service have made us a staple in the Lakes Region of Maine since 1934.
Our family owned and operated company provides exceptional customer service since 1934. We build our reputation on hard work, honesty and trust; by investing in our customers to provide an independent answer to real estate and insurance needs.
We have grown since 1934, with each generation adding a new touch.
- Established in 1934 - by George M. Oberg Sr. (first generation US born citizen, family immigrated from Norway). George served as Postmaster in Bridgton before starting his own insurance & real estate agency. He was very active in his community and was on the road to a career in state politics before his tragic passing at the age of 37.
- 1937 - The business was taken over by George's wife, Florence Oberg. Florence was a woman before her time, as she ran the insurance & real estate agency and raised 3 children after the passing of George (George Jr., Virginia & Ronald). All this while teaching Home Economics at the Bridgton High School. She was a pioneer for working women in the region.
- 1950 - George M. Oberg Jr. ("Milt") joined the business after serving in the army during WWII (Pacific Theater) and then attending University of Maine Orono. George married Ruth Oberg in 1950. Ruth Oberg was involved in various aspects of the business and together she and Milt raised 3 children Peter, Steven and Karen.
- 1976 - Peter Oberg joined the business after attending the University of Maine Orono. He married Judy Oberg in 1982. Judy joined the agency as a real estate agent in 1998. They both raised 2 children Hallory and James.
- 2016 - James Oberg joins the agency after attending Bentley University and working for 6 years in Boston for Liberty Mutual Insurance. James is married to Laura Oberg and they have 1 child, Jackson.